By far the most exciting music related news I have heard in my brief hiatus from Blogland is that DFA Records have signed up Maurice Fulton’s Syclops project and are releasing a whole album of Syclops madness.
While I’m a bit sad that Tirk aren’t putting the LP out (Slutty Fringe loves Tirk) the virtue of being released on DFA will undoubtedly giveit alot more exosure. A 12″ called Where’s Jason K is slated for release in November with an album to follow early next year.
For those who aren’t aware of the splendid weirded out disco house that sounds like it is fallling up the stairs sound of Mr Fulton, I’ve selected a few choice tracks from his impressive canon for your ears taking in his Stress project and the Ladyvipb album on the sorely missed Nuphonic imprint.
Check the Kathy Diamond lp for further proof of Fulton’s production nous and also grab his dj mix from El Diablos Social Club cause it’s reet and check his podcasts at bubbletease communications for fresh mixups with unreleased tracks (though it hasn’t been updated since March – sort it Mo!)
Keeping things DFA related, their new Death From Abroad imprint has finally kicked off with releases from Mock & Toof (looking fwd to catching them at Strobe tonight!) and Altz with Gucci Soundsystem up next. Ben & Henry Gucci Soundsystem just put out a netmix for peeps ears – check it!
1. Edwin Starr – Get Up (Pilooski edit?)
2. That Thing – That Thing
3. Alan Parsons Project – Mammagamma (Druzzis edit?)
4. Jamie Lloyd – Movin In (Brennan Green remix)
5. GB’s – Luchy in Vichy
6. Gucci Soundsystem – Acarpenter (Joakim Remix)
7. L B Bad – I like to move
8. Sid La Rock – Naked (DJ Koze remix)
9. Smith N Hack – Falling Stars
10. Binary Chaffinch – False Energy
11. Skinny Joey – White Holes
12. LCD Soundsystem – Time to get away (Gucci SS Remix)
13. Zombie Zombie – Driving this road (Joakim remix)
Gucci Soundsystem Death From Abroad Promo Mix (direct link)